For our Stockade-athon coverage, click on any (or all) of these links:
- Stockade-athon 2014 comes early to the Stockade (Nov. 9, 2014)
- Stockade-athon 2013 flows through the neighborhood
- People-watching at Stockade-athon 2013
original posting at this URL [Nov. 9, 2013]:
“a preview and welcome to Stockade-athon 2013″:
– above: images from the 2012 Stockade-athon as it passed through the Stockade neighborhood (click on the collage for a larger version) –
Welcome to all the runners who will be racing in tomorrow’s 38th Stockade-athon 15K Road Race. Over the last few years, you’ve given me some very enjoyable moments, observing the race from my Stockade district neighborhood. And, you helped set records at this weblog for most visits.
If you missed it last year, check out John Splendido’s list of things to love about the Stockade-athon at the Times Union‘s Runners Blog. I bet you’ll be nodding your head in agreement.
Check back here at suns along the Mohawk Sunday afternoon and evening for scores of Stockade photos from this year’s race. When that post is up, you’ll be able to find it at the top of our home page and at http://tinyurl.com/2013Stockadeathon
Click here for last year’s results.
Best wishes to the runners of all age, sizes and skill-levels who will again make the Stockade-athon a premiere 15K road race, with heart, stamina, and camaraderie, plus an occasional dash of fun.
– a neighborly welcome from the Stockade –