– looking south from 28 Washington Ave. –
The slideshow below shows the results of this serendipity on my second day of memorializing the 2014 Stockade cherry blossoms. [for the first day’s posting, see “cherry blossom tease“.] Note that, this being the Stockade, the curbs did not stay car-free for long. Luckily, the blossoms stayed beautiful.
updates: 15 more photos, taken on May Day, were added that evening; on May 2, 2014, another 14 photos were added about 7 PM.; plus a few on Sunday morning, May, 4, showing that a lot of blossoms had fallen in strong winds overnight.
At the foot of this posting is a Gallery with all the photos from this post and the earlier one from April 28, 2014.
Click these links to see Stockade blossoms celebrated over the years here at suns along the Mohawk:
– 25 Washington Ave. [L] and 10 Washington Ave. –
– two images from May Day:
– above: in front of 16 Washington Ave. [L] and 2 Union St. –
. . and two from May 2:
– a detour to N. Ferry St. near Union St. –
– and back to Washington Ave. looking north from near the YWCA –
Click on the thumbnails in the Gallery below to see the large photos: