- above: [L to R] 1st Prize Winner, photo by Fred Neudoerffer; 2nd Prize , painting by Deborah Angilletta; 3rd Prize , photo by Mabel Leon. Click on each for a larger version.
- Much More: For more art from the 2015 Outdoor Art Show, go to our posting “Outdoor Art again in the Stockade“, which presents 60 additional photos taken throughout the Show.
Thanks to the Outdoor Art Show committee and its sponsors, and to all the participating artists, for a most enjoyable Show. And, congratulations to all the winners. Here is a list of the winning artists in the 64th Annual Stockade Outdoor Art Show (Facebook), which was held today, Saturday, September 12, 2015.
- Fred Neudoerffer – First Prize sponsored by The Daily Gazette
Note: Fred’s winning photograph, “Flat Water Rush”, deserves to be seen without the reflections shown in my image of it above. Fred was kind enough to share a better version with us, from his neuarts.com gallery, along with the brief explanation that follows.
The Flats is my photographic study of the natural diversity of a small section of the Mohawk River, which I call The Flats, as it flows or doesn’t flow, into the Hudson River, in Cohoes, NY. As with most of my artistic work I am fascinated by the details. I attempt to capture those details as I find them and present them in dramatic way, while respecting their natural state.
- Deborah Angilletta – Second Prize
Mabel Leon – Third Prize
- Val Robert – James Gilliland/George Weinheimer Memorial Award selection and award provided by The Oakroom Artists.
Tyler Zarnofsky – Nicholas J. Colangelo Award for a first time exhibitor in this show
- John Morrette – Ernest A. R. Cohen Award for “Best of Stockade”
- Young Artist Awards:
Mariel Calderon – First prize, Mia Etkin- Second prize, Ethan Wilson – Third prize
Honorable Mention: Linda Biggers, Robert Wesner, Ginit Marten, Lisa Burton, Paul Barton, Virginia Hoeppner.
- Melaney Sandbrook – People’s Choice Award for favorite artist
- Earlier in the year, the Art Show awarded $500.00 to Sam Raju, a Schenectady High School senior, who is pursuing an education in the arts.
The following Slideshow has all of the winning artists and pieces of art that I have been able to identify from the winners’ circle. (My apologies to those not yet featured or named; I will add the information as it is received.)
- For a larger version of an image in the Slideshow, pause the Slideshow at the image, right-click on that image and choose Open Image in New Tab
- Use. The artist may use an image for any purpose. All others may use an image for any non-commercial purpose
- Share this post with this short URL: http://tinyurl.com/SOAS2015