The 64th Annual Stockade Villagers’ Outdoor Art Show took place Saturday, September 12, 2015. Weather forecasters started the day expecting rain to arrive from the West in the mid-afternoon, causing some apprehension among organizers and participating artists. But, as you can see from the photo to the right, taken as the Show opened at 10 AM, the day started sunny and bright. By noon, it looked like the rain would hold off, despite a growing cloud cover. And only a few drops of rain fell before the 4 PM closing. In between, I met some friendly and interesting artists, schmoozed with several regulars and neighbors, appreciated a satisfying display of art, and enjoyed taking a host of photos, even when the sky went from mostly blue to all gray. The Slideshow below presents some of my favorite (usable) images from the 2015 Stockade Outdoor Art Show. There are about 60 photos. If you can help me identify unlabeled images, please leave a comment or email me.
- Winners. It was gratifying to view the award-winning pieces collected around Lawrence Circle. To see a list of winners and photos of the winning art at today’s show, go to our posting “2015 Art Show Winners” (after finishing here, we hope).
above: pieces by Ken Santiago [L] and [R] Emma Boers’ exhibit
- – click on the photos for a larger version –
below: Val Robert Exhibit [R] and Robin Rosenthal’s [L]:
Below the Slideshow is a Gallery with thumbnail images all of the photos. Click on a thumbnail for a larger version.
- Use. The artist may use an image for any purpose. All others may use an image for any non-commercial purpose
- Prior Shows: Click for links to our prior Stockade Outdoor Art Show posts
– above: mosaic with slate and colored glass and mirror backing –
The following Gallery includes all of the photos in the above Slideshow. Click on a thumbnail for a larger version. (painting on the left by Jennifer Politano)
GALLERY from 2015 STOCKADE OUTDOOR ART SHOW