– click on an image for a larger version –
– click here for our 2013 Golf Ball Drop post –
Family & Child Service of Schenectady‘s 7th Annual Golf Ball Drop was held yesterday evening (Friday, September 14, 2012) at Stadium Golf Club in Schenectady. The event is the signature fundraiser for the not-for-profit organization, which has worked to make families stronger from its headquarters at 246 Union St. in the Stockade for over sixty years. Nearly a thousand numbered golf balls that had been “purchased” for $10 each were dropped from a helicopter, which was flown by Bruce Mowery of North Country Heli-flite. The three balls closest to the pin won this year’s grand prizes.
- Ball #576: Jodi Lawson won two round-trip tickets on Southwest Airlines and some traveling cash.
- Ball #627: Bill Offenbacker won a custom-designed jewelry piece courtesy of Sondra’s Fine Jewelry
- Ball #4: Frank Privaterra won a “Wicked” night out on the town in Schenectady, with the Proctor’s show, dinner, and more.
You can click on the following images for larger versions of each:
– Toni [R] and Jeanette –
– Trevor Alling entertained and charmed all evening –
– it was easy to get the FCSS staff to smile –
– Dave and Michele wait for the helicopter to arrive at the 9th hole –
Many Board members and staffers, and other volunteers made the 7th Annual Golf Ball Drop a success. And, many sponsors provided financial support and donated for the live auction and raffle prizes. 105.7 Crush FM was the honorary media sponsor; Fennimore Asset Management Inc (FAM Funds) was the Birdie Sponsor. See the FCSS website for a full list of sponsors. Radio personality Ric Mitchell was the emcee for the gala event.
– Board President Chris LaPorta [R] and Executive Director Bob Vanzetta gave thanks –
– share this posting with the short URL: http://tinyurl.com/7thGBD –